Clermont, FL
(
Aug 15, 2026
) -


A 31-year-old Haines City man died in a pedestrian crash early Saturday in Clermont, according to authorities. Investigators said the collision happened just before 6:40 a.m. on U.S. Highway 27 south of Cagan Crossings Boulevard.
Authorities said a 69-year-old Clermont man was driving a 2015 Kia Forte northbound on U.S. Highway 27 when the crash occurred. Based on the reported investigation details, the pedestrian had been walking in the left-turn lane before entering the northbound inside lane and lying down in the vehicle's path. The undercarriage of the Kia struck the man, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Kia driver was not injured and remained at the scene, according to authorities. Northbound lanes on U.S. Highway 27 were closed Saturday morning following the crash.
No additional identifying information about the pedestrian was released in the verified facts provided. Authorities have not announced any charges or final findings, and the investigation was described as ongoing.
Pedestrian fatal crashes can leave families with urgent questions about insurance, evidence preservation, and official reports. In situations like this, families often wait for investigators to complete their review before learning whether any additional findings will be released.
A fatal pedestrian crash on U.S. Highway 27 in Clermont can leave families searching for answers about the investigation, insurance issues, and what steps may follow after a deadly collision.
CALL TO DISCUSS YOUR CASE